An Article About Unfair Comparisons
Let's Take A Closer Look At Jimi Hendrix
- Hendrix started playing guitar at age 15.
- He played for hours and hours every day, listening to records and trying to figure them out by ear and play along with them.
- He jammed and played with other guitarists and instrumentalists both in school and out of school, pretty much every opportunity he got.
- He tried to take lessons and jam with any guitarists he came into contact with, always learning from more experienced players.
- He didn’t get a record deal and release his first album until he was 24. (9 years into his guitar playing career)
- He released 4 albums in 3 years and then died at the age of 27.
Never Give Up
About The Author
Michael Gumley is the owner of Melbourne Guitar Academy and the creator of both Guitar Dojo Online and Guitar Ninjas. Michael is both a respected Guitar Teacher and Guitar Teacher Trainer with the goal of raising the standard of guitar education worldwide through a revolutionary approach engaging lessons and modern learning techniques.
If you feel like you’ll never be as good as your favourite guitar player don’t fret, get in touch with Michael and the team at Melbourne Guitar Academy who can help out with both in-person and Online Guitar Lessons to help you overcome any frustrations you may be feeling.