Play Guitar Like You Have Always Dreamed!
- Have you always wanted to learn guitar but have lacked the confidence to begin lessons?
- Have you been trying to teach yourself from YouTube, Guitar Apps or other online resources only to find the process confusing and overwhelming?
- Are you tired of guitar being difficult and want to experience a fun and engaging lesson program so that you can capture the joy you first felt when learning the guitar?
- Are you struggling to connect with your current teacher and leave lessons feeling unsatisfied with your progress?
- Are you a parent looking for a fun and rewarding hobby for you children that will set them up with a lifelong musical skills?
- Do you simply want to be the best guitarist that you can be?
If you have said ‘yes’ to any of these questions then taking lesson at Melbourne Guitar Academy is the answer!
Hi, I’m Michael Gumley and I’m a professional guitar teacher, performance coach and music career mentor based in Melbourne. Over the last 10 years I have helped hundreds of students learn how to play guitar, overcome hurdles in their technique and make massive improvements to their playing, and I want to help you too.
Many aspiring students experience a lot of frustration when they try and teach themselves, or are put off learning altogether by inexperienced teachers who have no idea what they are doing. Both of these learning approaches are a waste of your time and money. I focus on teaching guitar the right way so that you can make fast progress and get massive results immediately, leading to you feeling good about your playing and motivated to keep making progress.
Most teachers treat all students the same and follow traditional teaching methods that are slow, boring and dated which leads to students feeling unmotivated and eventually quitting. I focus on getting to know you and creating a personalised lesson program based off of your own goals that will transform you from the player you are now into the the player you have always dreamed of being.
When we focus on what you want to get out of guitar lessons by following your personal lesson plan the results will come faster than you ever thought possible. This will save you lots of time, money, frustration and shave years off the amount of time it will take to make you into a great guitar player. I’ve helped countless other students achieve their goals and become great players and I promise to do the same for you.
Whether you just want to learn how to play the chords to your favourite songs, have ambitions of becoming a professional musician, or want to be the world’s next guitar god, we will create a program to help you achieve it. We run lesson programs for students of all ages and abilities from child to adult, beginner to advance and focus on all styles of contemporary guitar music
Gus, 17, Oak park
“I’ve been taking lessons with Michael for about 3 years and have benefited greatly from his teaching.
Throughout my time Michael has taught me a variety of music styles and has put in a lot of time and effort into improving both my guitar playing and the theoretical knowledge behind it all.”
Eden, 10, Pascoe Vale
“I like going to guitar lessons because I learn a new song each week. Michael even taught me how to write my own song which I played in front of the school at assembly”
Michael, 18, Westmeadows
“I’ve been learning guitar for several years but my overall progress was very slow. Since starting at MGA I’ve made huge improvements in my playing and finally feel good about my progress”
Imagine what it would be like to play guitar
the way you have always dreamed?
Take the time now to imagine what it would be like if you could play guitar the way you’ve always wanted to? Visualise yourself playing your favourite song, jamming in a band with friends or ripping a white hot guitar solo onstage in front of 10,000 screaming people. Imagine being the cool person playing guitar at the party and impressing all the girls, or playing a beautiful song for a special someone on a beach during summer, or even hearing that song on the radio.
Imagine being a proud parent watching your son or daughter performing in front of the whole school for the first time, or framing the ‘High Distinction’ exam certificate before putting it up on the wall. Do any of these sound like things you want to achieve? All of these goals are well within your reach and taking guitar lessons is the first step in what will be a very fulfilling and rewarding journey.
I can help you get results!
Too many teachers use traditional linear approaches to guitar which are boring, outdated and usually result in students loosing motivation and quitting guitar. They blame the student for not being dedicated enough or not having ‘what it takes’ when in reality the student is set up to fail front the beginning. Fortunately I have developed a geometric approach to learning guitar that will have you improving in many areas of your playing simultaneously whilst still keeping lessons fun, engaging and in line with your goals.
Many of my students have been with me for multiple years and in addition to having a great student base in my local community, have people coming from as far a Frankston, Geelong, Box Hill and Oakleigh to take lessons with me. Whatever you guitar playing and musical goals are, I will help you achieve them and set out a plan to make it happen in the shortest time possible through a personally customised lesson program.
I will help you overcome hurdles and road-blocks in your guitar playing!
I learned guitar the hard way! It was a very frustrating experience that took a longer time and cost me more money than It ever should of. My personal mission is to help you avoid the many hurdles that most guitar players face while learning and to make the experience as fun and rewarding as possible along the way.
Any problem or obstacle that you may be facing or will face in the future I have already overcome and I am here to show you how to do it, all in the shortest time possible. I’ve been playing guitar at a level I’ve always dreamed of for years now, it is the best feeling in the world, and I want you to realise your potential to achieve it too. When taking lessons at Melbourne Guitar Academy you will learn what is causing your current limitations and how to break free of them and start moving forward.
You’ll be surrounded by a peer group of killer guitarists just as success driven and motivated as yourself and you will be given access to the best lessons and classes in Melbourne, giving you no choice but to become a phenomenal guitarist and master musician.
When Taking Guitar Lessons From Me You Will…
- Learn from a passionate, experienced and highly motivated teacher driven to get great results from students.
- Learn effective memory techniques so that you can spend less time learning and more time playing.
- Learn effective practice techniques so that you can get maximum results from your practice time.
- Learn from someone who will create a lesson program that reflects your individual goals and needs.
- Get a personalised practice schedule that will accelerate your progress towards achieving your goals.
- Learn the right thing at the right time and avoid getting overwhelmed by too much information.
- Learn to become a great player by focusing on what you want to learn without being subjected to a ‘one-size-fits-all’ lesson approach.
10 Reasons Why I Am The Right Teacher For You
- I will take the time to get to know you, your musical goals and the challenges that you currently face on the guitar.
- I will plan your lessons with your goals in mind so that you can see a clear path towards achieving them without the frustration of a trial and error approach.
- I will focus on overcoming the challenges that you currently face while teaching you correct technique to avoid future problems.
- I will support you along the journey towards achieving your goals and be a constant source of motivation, guidance and encouragement.
- I will create for you a personalised practice schedule that reflects your individual needs.
- I will provide you with effective learning methods and practice techniques to maximise the results you get from your practice time.
- I will teach you how to implement everything you learn so you can apply what you know to any musical context.
- You will have the opportunity to meet, interact & jam with other like-minded, highly motivated, driven and passionate musicians.
- You will be given opportunities to perform the music that you learn in a variety of live performances.
- I’ll make our first session together a FREE ‘Introductory & Evaluation’ Lesson because I am confident that I can help you unlock your full inner musical potential and set you down the path towards becoming the great guitarist you have always dreamed of being.
Don’t put your dreams of becoming a great guitar player on hold any longer…
Book your FREE introduction session by filling out the guitar from below!
Click here to log into you Student Account
Get In Touch
Melbourne Guitar Academy – Quality Guitar Lessons In Melbourne, Australia
74 Woodlands St, Strathmore, Vic, 3041.
P: 0405 018 708 E: MelbourneGuitarAcademy@gmail.com
If you’re looking for Guitar Lessons In Melbourne we’re located less than 10 minutes from Strathmore, Essendon, Oak Park, Pascoe Vale, Moonee Ponds, Glenroy, Hadfield, Airport West, Gowanbrae, Keilor, Flemington, Brunswick and Niddrie
Are you looking for Guitar Lessons but aren’t located in Melbourne? I’m happy to help find a guitar teacher near you.